"As long as there are young people with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
Last October I documented a 5 day whitewater canoeing expedition on the Rio Grande with Outward Bound. Big Bend is a magical place, and exploring a park via a river invites visitors to synchronize their bodies with the heartbeat of the land. 2018 courses are available here.
- nightly Star Club
- taking a massive spill out of my canoe, gaining some scratches, life lessons, and thankfully maintaining a dry camera
- losing my mind over the light in the Santa Elena Canyon during the morning
- exploring Fern Canyon's cracks and caves
- navigating the Rock Slide Rapid
- Solo sunrise time & sunset yoga